We have a look at the Anki OVERDRIVE expansion kits starting with the Launch kit and the Collision kit.
Slow Motion Footage Credit: http://www.pocket-lint.com
Anki OVERDRIVE is battle-racing at its best where players control physical supercars via handheld mobile devices. Each supercar is upgradable with unique virtual weapons and gadgets, and packs a 50mhz computer and camera that recognizes player-customized courses. The cars are capable of using AI to fully control themselves on the track as they use diverse strategies to fight to the finish.
Full list of Expansions track packs include:
– Launch Kit – Reach for the sky with jumps on the battlefield. Launch ahead, nail the landing, and smoke the competition.
– Collision Kit – Race into a lethal intersection, pick off your opponents as they speed past or take a short cut to chase them down. Watch out for devastating collisions and don’t get caught in the crossfire.
– 180° Kit – Snap this U-turn piece to any track section and open up the battlefield for head-to-head combat. Build open circuit tracks to face down enemies, unlock longer courses and bi-directional racing.
– Speed Kit – Put the hammer down and outrun opponents or take aim and knock out the competition on these long straightaways.
– Corner Kit – Take these turns at top speed. Or blast opponents before they disappear around the bend.
– Rails Kit – Slingshot into straightaways or drive the fight into corners. Guardrails ensure the chaos of battle stays on the tracks.
– Elevation Kit – Take the battle to another level. Open up crazy track possibilities with hills, bridges, underpasses and more.
– Bank Turn Kit – Race around corners at faster speeds and pull some serious G-forces.
Thermo & Nuke Cars: