Disney is announcing the launch of Imagicademy, a new learning initiative designed for families with children aged 3-8 – launching with a suite of digital apps that expose children to key education concepts integrated with an immersive digital playground – it brings the best in app development, creative gameplay and popular characters to immersive early learning apps
Uniquely, the apps will also launch with an interconnected companion app: Disney Imagicademy: Parents which provides a ‘go-to’ resource for parents to connect with their child’s learning experience including real-time updates about their progress, the ability to reward accomplishments digitally and remotely and the opportunity to inspire offline learning through a continuously updated content feed of ideas tied directly to those featured in the app. Parents can also share their child’s achievements and creations with friends and family directly via social media networks including Facebook, Pinterest, Instagram and Twitter
Available from 11th December on the App Store, “Mickey’s Magical Math Galaxy” is an iPad-exclusive app that features five robust maths-focused experiences in one app. Each in-app experience features progressive early maths concepts, including counting on and back, sort and classify, skip count, numbers and shapes recognition, reason and logic, and more:
– Mickey’s Super Rocket Shapes – Children build, fly, and repair rockets alongside Mickey and Minnie while exploring early geometry and number concepts.
– Minnie’s Robot Count-Along – Counting forward to 10 and backward from 10, children design, nurture, and train baby robots with Minnie at the Space Oasis Robot Lab.
– Donald’s Number Launcher – Using a number line as their guide, children launch the silly aliens at Donald while exploring “less than” and “more than” relationships.
– Daisy’s Bedtime Countdown – Tapping in to logic and reasoning skills, children help aliens get back to bed safely by practicing counting by 10s and making 10s.
– Goofy’s Silly Sorting – Children explore sorting and classifying skills to fill and launch alien jetpacks at Goofy’s Recycling Centre.