Here’s all the latest information on Disney Infinity 2.0.
– September 23rd for Wave 1.
– November 4th for Wave 2.
– The Avengers Starter Pack: September 23rd – Iron Man, Thor, Black Widow + 2 Toy-box games.
– The Avengers PlayStation Collectors Edition: September 23rd with Iron Man, Thor, Black Widow, 2 Toy-box Mini-Games and Hulk on a 30 day exclusive and large light-up diorama to display all the Avengers figures.
– Disney Originals Starter Pack: November 4th including three of Maleficent, Merida, Stitch, Donald Duck and Tinkerbell.
– Marvel Characters: Iron Man, Thor, Black Widow, Captain America, Nick Fury, HULK, Hawkeye, Spider-man, Nova, Venom, Iron Fist, Star-Lord, Groot, Rocket Racoon, Drax, Gamora
– Disney Characters: Maleficent, Merida
– Rumored Marvel Characters: Hiro, Bay Max
– Rumored Disney Originals Characters: Stitch, Donald Duck, Tinkerbell, Crystal Sorcerer’s Apprentice Mickey
– Wave 1 on September 23rd: Iron Man, Thor, Black Widow, Captain America, Nick Fury, Hawkeye, Spider-man, Nova, Venom, Iron Fist. Then Hulk in October.
– Wave 2 on November 4th: Star-Lord, Groot, Rocket Racoon, Drax, Gamora, Maleficent, Merida, Donald Duck, Hiro, Bay Ma. Then on December 5th a Crystal Sorcerer’s Apprentice Mickey.
– Disney Infinity 1.0 characters work in Disney Infinity 2.0.
– Disney Infinity 2.0 characters will not work in Disney Infinity 1.0.
– Disney Infinity 2.0 characters, Marvel & Disney, have a skill tree which belongs to a base type, but which is customized per character with signature moves. All upgrades on the skill tree are always available (i.e. upgrading one branch doesn’t block off branch)
– Disney Infinity 1.0 characters get access to the skill tree system, but only get the ability to boost basic stats and occasionally add additional combos.
– Characters no longer come with a Toy-box adventure in 2.0.
– All characters have a higher level cap (Level 20)
– All characters come with unlock-able toys appropriate for them, plus feats that are specific to each character. Some feats are in the Toy-box some in the Playsets.
– Collect purple sparks in order to power up your special abilities.
– Collect orange sparks to give a boost to the experience you earn normally through combat.
– Characters who run out of life while playing in a Playset are KO’d for a period of time.
– Nick Fury is voiced by Samuel L Jackson.
– Confirmed Playsets for Spider-Man and The Avengers.
– Rumored Playsets for Guardians Of The Galaxy with Star-Lord and Gamora characters.
– A limited number of Marvel characters can access multiple Playsets, currently: Nova, Iron Man (and it seems Nick Fury). No Disney characters can currently access multiple Playsets.
– Disney Infinity 1.0 Playsets can’t be used in 2.0, but you can import the toy elements into the Toy Box.
– Players complete Playset missions to unlock content for the Toy Box.
– There will be two power discs per character, purchased separately in foil blind bags.
– All 1.0 discs work in 2.0.
– Toy-box Power Discs: Unlock pre-configured games and components.
– Costume Power Discs: Customize the appearance of the discs specific character (Marvel & Disney) and give stat boosts to any character. I’ve seen Cap’s Movie Uniform & Black Suit Spider-Man & Grey Hulk & Iron Man Mk42 Armour
– Team-Up Power Discs: Summon a supporting character to assist you. Not instant, works on a timer. I’ve seen Winter Soldier.
– Events Power Discs: Summon a special event that can be unleashed (e.g. missile strike). I’ve seen SHIELD Helicarrier Strike.
– 1.0 Toy-boxes can be imported into 2.0.
– Doors can be used to string Toy-boxes together.
– Interior spaces will be available to explore and decorate.
– Creator characters can now be deployed in the Toy-box to procedurally create specific components (for example tree houses, castles etc).
– Builder characters of different types can be deployed to add a variety of components to your Toy-box.
– Toy-box toys are earned through Playsets or bought through the toy shops with sparks you collect. No spin wheel this year.
– Toy-boxes can be shared directly with friends rather than having to go via Disney curation.
– Toy-box mini-games allow any combination of characters to team up to play pre-configured games of various genre types (tower defense, dungeon crawl).
– All Toy-box mini-game elements are available for use but the Toy-box games themselves cannot be edited.
– Toy-box game template pieces are available to make it easy to build games of specific genres (like racing).
– Available on 360, PS3, Xbox One, PS4, Wii U, PC, Vita and iOS.
– Not available on Wii, 3DS/2DS.
– All existing Infinity Bases work on all platforms except Xbox One, which can’t use the related Xbox 360 portal.